News and events
The primary aim of this event was to offer the MADELEINE presenters a forum to engage with large audience specialist in evolutionary and deterministic methods in optimization of design, encourage open exchange of information with fellow delegates and present the latest achievements of the project.
The event proved to be a unique opportunity for the participants to obtain an overview of the recent advancements on the research scene, with 8 presentations showcasing the MADELEINE results. The conference attendees had the opportunity to engage into fruitful discussions and networking with the representatives of academia, research community and industry involved in MADELEINE.
Around 100 delegates participated in the event.
The MADELEINE presentations attracted many delegates. Some presentations can be downloaded below:
- Contributive talk No 1: Multidisciplinary ADjoint-based Enablers for LargE-scale Industrial desigN in aEronautics by Michaël Méheut (ONERA).
- Contributive talk No 2: CFD based topology optimization for turbine blade tip by Jack Cundall (University of Sheffield)
- Contributive talk No 3: The influence of design space choices on the adjoint optimisation of transonic compressor blades by Alistair John (University of Sheffield)
- Contributive talk No 4: A comparison of different formulations for aero-structural optimization of trimmed transport aircraft by Mohammed Abu-Zurayk (DLR)
- Contributive talk No 5: On the selection of the most appropriate MDO formulation with respect to the problem dimension: application to realistic aerostructure wing design by Matthias De Lozzo (IRT Saint Exupéery)
- Contributive talk No 6: High-Fidelity Adjoint-based Aircraft Shape Optimization with Aeroelastic Trimming and Engine Coupling by Andrei Merle (DLR)
- Contributive talk No 7: Adjoint-based Aerodynamic Optimization of a Business Jet Flexible Wing by Konstantinos Tsiakas (National Technical University of Athens)
- Contributive talk No 8: Adjoint-based optimization for a jet-engine fan blade design by Andrea Giugno (Rolls Royce)
We are happy to inform you that the next minisymposium of MADELEINE will be organised at the WCCM XIV - ECCOMAS 2020 congress to take place in July 2020 in Paris.
We look forward to meeting you!