News and events
The coordinator of MADELEINE, Michaël Méheut (ONERA), will give an overview presentation about the project’s challenges and first results. The presentation is scheduled at 16:30 on Tuesday 19 November 2019.
This European workshop is the second of a planned workshop series organized by the Institute of Research and Technology Saint Exupéry inToulouse (France), ONERA (French Aerospace Lab) and DLR (German Aerospace Center), on the topic of Multidisciplinary Design Optimization (MDO) based on high- and multi-fidelity methods. These methods have been intensively investigated during the last decades in academia and government research labs, and were shown to be promising tools for aircraft design. However, the perception exists that only limited transfer of formal MDO techniques into daily design work of aircraft and engine manufacturers has been achieved until today. The ambition of the workshop is to establish a European MDO community and to enhance collaboration on the subject. The targets are the following:
- Establish a discussion platform among European institutions that assesses state-of-the-art MDO for aircraft industry and maintains European lead in real-world MDO
- Uncover gaps and shortcomings of current MDO, for both high-fidelity and multi-fidelity methods
- Understand industry’s requirements and targets concerning MDO and its link with Model-Based System Engineering, and openly discuss industrial needs
- Keep research in MDO on the right track, innovative and serving the prospects of the real-world users
- Provide stimulus for future targeted research in the field and for collaboration among participants
For further details on the programme and registration, visit the website of the Workshop.